Jan 7, 2007

Christmas, New Years & Everything Else

Since the last update, I've worked, been to Ontario for Christmas, and been back in NS for New Years


It was great being home. Its really weird, but you really appreciate having family around when you only get to see them once or twice a year.

I flew into Hamilton on the 21st and went out with my sister and her friends that night. I kinda felt singled out, cause I was the only person who wasnt a doctor. Have you ever been in one of those conversations where you just keep laughing and nodding your head cause you don't know what anyone is talking about. On top of that... its plain english, you just don't know what any of those words mean. I found out that night that I dance like a person from the East coast. Hmm...


Got to chum around with Dad a lot and put up a lot of signs and do some welding. We had some good chats over Tim Horton's coffee (which is wayyy better in NS). I much more enjoyed Mom's home brewed stuff tho. We had a "company" dinner which involved everyone who helped the company in the last year.

I think I may have gained a couple of pounds when I was home, but you just can't beat my mother's cooking. I will challenge anyone to try. She gives pretty good hugs too :)

Got to visit my cousin's and aunts and uncle's too. Ryan was busy washing cars while I was borrowing their shop to try and put a door lock back into Meghan's car door. It was a family event that involved Uncle Larry, Uncle Bo and myself. Good times. We even had Christmas eve "snacks" at Aunt Kim & Uncle Bo's. Can't beat the food :)

Christmas was everything I expected. I got all I wanted and got to see Bret chew on his present all day. Sometimes I wish my life was as simple as his. Ooo a rawhide bone... I'm gonna chew that all day!

Boxing day was christmas at the Cooks. We opened presents and stole them from each other (the Cooks are funny like that). I spent a lot of time exchanging stories with Colin and Ryan.

After the Christmas rush was over... things relaxed quite a bit. Just lounging around the house with Mom and Dad. Watching movies... playing online... getting the vinyl cutter working. Dad and I welded together a stand for sign legs. I'm definately not a good welder with a stick. Dad seems to know what he's doing. Went out for supper one night and had perch and frog legs. MMMMMM....

On the 31st I flew back to NS and when I got home, I showered and went straight to Nathan's for New Years. Dave was there, so we played guitar till our fingers hurt. We managed to stay up till 6am and even danced on the tables for old times sakes. I had a blast.

The next week was slow... I worked and tried to catch up. I may have even succeeded. This weekend was a blessing when it came. Spent friday night at Nathan's playing darts. Saturday I ran around town (bought a new shop vac) and went to Billy & Ellen's that night to play Monopoly. I came in 3rd I guess. Today I left Nathan's at about 8:30, came home and started laundry. I went to town and got coffee, dropped some for Mike & Nathan and then I went to the wood shop. I cleaned for about 5 hrs. It needed it, we'll leave it at that.

No comments: