Jun 21, 2006

Another Random Rant...

So today I took the Escape back in to get the front end worked on. The mechanic was convinced that the only problem was the tires being out of balance, but I knew the tie rod was bad. I was trying not to argue with him cause at the end of the discussion, he was the one working on the vehicle. I kept asking myself... "How do I get him to believe that my tie rod is bad, without pissing him off". Finally we agreed that the tires needed balancing but he'd "check" the tie rods. So, when I went to pick up the Escape tonight, it had one brand new tie rod on it. Ha ha he still had the last laugh tho... $300.

So, now its a matter of replacing the axle seals. Parts cost $14 and labour is almost $200. I'm pretty sure I can do it myself, but it seems like a lot of work. I have to get through a bachelor party this weekend tho.

July is definately looking like it will be my favourite month ever this year. Going to charlottetown for June 30 having a big party for July 1, Nathan and Sarah's wedding, and I think Lobster Carnival is going to kick some major ass. I always enjoy July.

Did the usual drive past the grocery store tonight and thought to myself again "I should stop there, I have nothing at home". When I got home I realized that I had tuna fish and taco shells. Made some tuna salad (celery, pickles, gr pepper, etc.) and stuffed the taco shells with a little cheese. Very very creative I thought. It was definatley enjoyable. Some people didnt think the sound of it was too great (Melissa, ahem.).

Going to wood shop to slap on the back of the dresser. Bring it home hopefully in my newly fixed car. Then the usual waste time till bed routine.

I wonder who actually reads this thing?

Me & the Escape (old pic, but does the trick)

4 comments:

Liv said...

In answer to the question---who actually reads this? Thought if I was at your blog, then you should get an answer: A yoga teaching, 29 year old housewife from middle GA, USA with 2 kids, a husband, fat cat, semi-neglected dog, and a sadly dehydrated lawn. (woo-hoo, exciting, huh?) Oh, also, exactly the sort of person who enjoys hitting the "next blog" button for the sheer randomness of getting to see what pops up next! nice dresser! :)

Melissa said...

I dont read these things anymore now that you are going away the only weekend you knew I would be home!

Chris said...

very interesting OS... yoga is very very relaxing... i miss it... and stop neglecting your dog ;)... he's always there for you when you need him...

have a great day in georgia

Chris said...

didnt realize that was your home weekend... want to come?