Jul 9, 2006

The Taxi Cab Co-Pilot...

Its been about a week now. Monday was a holiday and probably needed it from that weekend. It was a good time.

I can't remember what day we played paintball, but it was a lot of fun. It was Mike, Brandon, Devon and I. We walked up the road behind Brandon's house and played about 5 games until we ran out of paint. Improv paintball. I actually got shot from the flukiest angle. The ball sailed up between my chin and my mask and broke on my lip/tooth. Paintballs don't taste good. I ordered a new mask that covers my chin. Hopefully that will never happen again.

Tuesday night we put Nathan's Zodiac together. This way when we're up at the cottage, we get to water ski (or at least try). It was also the first time I ever towed anything with the escape. However, a giant inflatable boat isnt much of a load.


I keep thinking the garden should be weeded and every day that goes past just makes that little voice in my head keep getting louder and louder. So, we havent done that yet. The voices are constantly louder.

Kinda took wed and thurs easy. Friday was the start of the Lobster Carnival. Went to a party with people from work. Met a lot of the Pictou crowd. Trooper played in the beer tent. I thought I only knew two of their songs. I was right. I've only ever heard two of their songs. Good band tho.

Saturday (my birthday)

The day started off in Pictou sleeping on the floor in Sandi's house. I got up, drove home, had some breakfast at Tim Horton's and headed for the wood shop. I got to the shop to find an excavator, front end loader and Val and Billie digging a hole. I mostly watched while the paint dried on the desk support I was making for Melissa. They put an old insulated tank in the ground. The idea is to store hot water for heating in it.

After that, I went to Brandon's for BBQ and eventually we made our way to Pictou for the Lobster Carnival.

Saturday night was the big night at the lobster carnival. As usual, it is nothing but a high school reunion. Security guard at the Beer garden checked everyone elses ID but when I got there, he said he didnt have too look at my ID, I just looked old enough. I now feel old. I did manage to meet someone and get her phone # tho, so it must have been a good night. I even got to hang out with one of my neighbours that I haven't seen in a long time.

At the end of the night, I got into a cab that was going to Division Rd. (opposite way to where I live) and we dropped those people off. Then the cabbie and I bartered cause we had to go back through Pictou to get to my place. He knocked $10 off my cab fee in exchange for stopping in Pictou and finding someone to go to New Glasgow. So we stopped in Pictou again. The only people at the cab place were going to Scotsburn (again in the wrong direction from my house). Haha... we went there anyways. After we dropped the guys off, the cabbie saw some people he knew sitting on their deck. So we went over and said hi. I had already had a great night and was in no rush. So we stayed and visited for about 15 mins... friendly people. Then we decided not to chance picking up any other fares. So we headed for Hopewell. We got to Westville and decided to stop for a pee-break and a coffee. We had a good chat the whole time. I was in the cab for about an hour and a half I figure. Overall, it was the most interesting cab ride I think I've ever been on. I met all kinds of people, and got to be the "co-pilot". Definately the highlight of the night.

When I got dropped off at Brandon's I figured it was about 4 in the morning and the sun was going to start coming up soon. So, I started walking for home. Took me an hour and a half to get home, but I was sooo looking forward to my own bed. When I walked in the driveway, the birds were singing and the sun was coming up. It was really nice. Good way to end off a great night. Then I turned and saw my door. I have a hose hanging in the yard. Someone took the hose and tied it to my door and wall and lights and tied it in knots. So, I had to "untie" my "hosed" door before I could go to bed. I had a good laugh. Thanks, JD

Overall, great birthday. Great Lobster Carnival.

Sunday

Phone rang at 10:00am. Mike said, "We're cooking breakfast, you coming?" I said, "Yah, I'll be right over!" I hung up the phone changed and walked outside. Oh yah, I walked here last night. My car is still at Brandon's. Pick up the phone.

Mike: Hello

Chris: Uhh, yah can you come get me.

Got breakfast served at Brandon's (bacon and eggs... mmm). And then decided to head for Toney River. Got to see Melissa before she left. We watched most of the world cup, but had to leave just as it was getting good.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh mon dieu!! Christopher, tu n'ete pas dit a moi ca ton anniversaire! geeze.
PS I stayed and watched the end of the game...I couldnt leave the house at a shoot out. It would be impossible.