Jul 19, 2006

The Wedding Weekend...

Dave came home on monday, but forgot to tell anyone he was going to be here. I ended up at his house tues, wed, thur and friday playing guitar. It was a blast. We went to fibber's on wednesday night for open mic and then to the tavern in pictou for Thursday night open mic. I enjoy playing in front of people. It is fun. However, sometimes it pays to practice before doing this :P

Friday evening started out with going to the greenhouses in West River to buy some cherry
trees. I bought 2 after picking the gardener guy's brain for about an hour. Got the trees, but the rear passenger door in the escape stopped working. Got to drive home with the door tied shut with a piece of twine. Mike called as soon as I got home. His car burst a fuel line. Good start to the weekend. I had to fix the escape first. Went outside, lubed the latch and it worked I wasnt asking any questions. I haven't used the door since.

We went to Dave's house and played guitar and sat around and chatted for a little while (till about 3 am). We were going to go dive in the river at this point so we grabbed some flashlights and headed down there. There was a tree laying in the river where we were going to swim so we decided not to go. It looked pretty hard to climb through the tree to get into the water. Long story.

Got up Saturday morning and headed to Country Harbour for Nathan and Sara's wedding. Got there around 2, changed and headed in. There was a van delivering people to and from the wedding so no one had to drive. The day was beautiful... sooo hot and sunny. After the ceremony and supper (roast beef), we started getting ready for the reception. I've never danced that much in my life. All I can say is that if weddings are all like this, then I want to someday get married on the beach (I SAID SOMEDAY!!).


Sunday morning we got up, went back to the cottage, and despite some skeptical people, we knew the sun was going to come up. Got the boat in the water and got the tube out. I had no bathing suit, and am a little nervous in deep water so I just enjoyed sitting on the boat tooling around. Took Brandon, Terri, Sara, Sara's cousin (Beth) and Nathan out on the tube. I wish we could have been there all day.

Sunday night made it back to home and kinda slept a little. Mike and I didnt get much sleep either friday night or saturday night.

Not much in the works for this weekend, paintball looks like a possibility and Melissa might be around again. Its been super super hot here lately, so I'm going to go shave my head.

No comments: