Sep 18, 2006

Its been a while...

It took a long time to get the pictures working again. However, we are now back in business. Not a whole lot has gone on in the month of August.
It started out with the riverfront Jubilee in New Glasgow, which was great.
We then started building a device to be used to pull out alder bushes in a field. Of course, most people would just pull the bushes, we had to build a machine.

Mike cutting the "tree puller"

Brandon's sister was home for a while. When her boyfriend, Chris (we call him Steve) arrived, we went surfing in Halifax. Surfing was a blast. Although my shoulders didnt agree as much. The next day we went fishing in the mouth of halifax harbour. We caught mackarel and polluck. Caught about 10-15 fish. Only 3 or 4 of us ate them. I thought they were good.

Helped Brandon a couple of nights start to put together an entertainment centre. It looks good. Terri drew up the design. Oak Veneered plywood. I have no pictures, but I will eventually.
Melissa was home for a week and a bit. Her and I hung around quite a bit. I really like her dog. We went and saw Talladega nights, started building a shelf. When someone says that they want to build a shelf, picture one in your mind. Now picture something GIANT with three compartments on top and 5 hooks on the bottom. This is what Melissa pictures of a shelf. I will admit, it does look really good, and she is good at woodworking. Also, its kinda hot seeing a girl use all the equipment. No, wait... it is hot.
We then had a weekend in Goshen where we sided the camp. We also spent some time in Country Harbour playing guitar and telling lies around the fire. I really feel at home sitting around a campfire and playing guitar. It seems to make a person really relax. There's no pressure and you can pretty much play anything and forget the words to anything as well.


Mike Gettin the fire going



The camp sided

1 comment:

Melissa said...

haha I was all ready to make a comment about how you said yeah I hung out with Melissa, I really like her dog! But alas you redeemed yourself by calling me hot and skilled :) You bring me my dog today! Please dont dognap him from me!